Patients can expect a quick recovery time with SMILE laser eye surgery; however, it is completely normal if your vision is blurry for a little longer after you have had the procedure.
Advanced Cornea imaging tests are required to confirm if you are a suitable candidate. Some patients who may not be suitable for conventional Lasik can also be treated with SMILE
ReLEx Smile is an alternative to Lasik and beyond Lasik. A special femtosecond laser prepares a thin three-dimensional lenticule disc inside the cornea, which is removed via tiny 2 mm opening at the cornea.
This procedure protects the eye, the cornea remains stable and flap complications are excluded. This minimally invasive treatment is our first choice for the correction of myopia, astigmatism and dry eyes.
Benefits of SMILE laser eye surgery
- Fast treatment – SMILE takes less than 15 minutes, with the laser only used for a fraction of this time
- Quick recovery time
- Better for the stability of the cornea
- Less risk of developing dry eyes
- No discomfort thanks to the use of numbing drops
- More patients are eligible for SMILE
- No flap complications