Laser –assisted Cataract Surgery uses Femtosecond Laser guided by an advanced imaging system called OCT to create precise incisions. The computer guided incisions are accurate, and reproducible unlike incisions made with a surgical blade by hand. This is safer and more reliable than traditional cataract surgery. The lens is then removed and replaced with an IOL.
Femtosecond Laser Advantages
- Gentle on the cornea as laser is of extremely low intensity
- Unmatched precision
- Extremely short duration laser contact with the eye
- No inflammation
- Comfortable and painless procedure
- Suitable for patients with thin corneas and extreme myopia
- Procedure lasts for a few minutes
- Quick recovery
- Good sight within hours
Femtosecond Laser is safe and accurate. It is also used to correct short sight, long sight, distorted vision and focusing problems that appear with age.